More than 600,000 high school students take the EIKEN tests each year.
Your use of http://www.stepeiken.org and http://stepeiken.org (hereafter the Website) is governed by the following terms and conditions, which constitute a legal agreement (hereafter Agreement) between you and the Eiken Foundation of Japan (hereafter Eiken). If you object to any part of the Agreement, you must not use the Website.
1. The entire contents of the Website, including, but not limited to, test items, information, images, audio files, logos, and trademarks (hereafter Content), unless otherwise noted, is the property of Eiken and may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without prior written consent from Eiken.
2. Test items on the Website are intended for personal use only. Educators, students, or researchers wishing to use test items for research projects should request a copy of the Research Request Form.
3. Eiken makes every effort to ensure that Content is factual, up-to-date, and free from technical deficiencies such as computer viruses. However, Eiken shall not be held liable for any loss or damage incurred through use of Content.
4. The Website contains links to external content such as the websites of educational institutions and organizations (hereafter External Content). Such links are provided for reference and do not necessarily imply endorsement by Eiken of the External Content or its providers. Users who access External Content do so at their own discretion, and Eiken shall not be held liable for any loss or damage incurred through the use of External Content, or the use of products or services offered by the providers of External Content, including, but not limited to, academic programs or courses of study.
5. Eiken acknowledges that proficiency in the English language is but one of many factors that may contribute to academic or professional performance. Eiken shall not be held liable for any loss or damage incurred through any use of the EIKEN Test in Practical English Proficiency (hereafter EIKEN) as a qualification for entry to any program or organization including, but not limited to, academic programs or courses of study.
6. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
7. If any legal dispute arises out of or in connection with this Agreement, and if the parties are unable to settle such dispute by negotiation, such dispute shall finally be settled by arbitration in Tokyo in Japanese, with the Tokyo District Court as the court of jurisdiction.
8. Eiken reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time without prior notice.
9. Questions or comments about this Agreement should be directed in writing to:
Eiken Foundation of Japan
55 Yokotera-machi Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan 162-8055
EIKEN Test in Practical English Proficiency® is a registered trademark of Nihon Eigo Kentei Kyōkai.
IELTS® is a registered trademark of University of Cambridge ESOL, the British Council, and IDP Education Australia.
TOEFL® is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS), Inc. This website is not endorsed or approved by ETS.